The countdown to Imbibe Live officially begins today, as we reveal our full programme of masterclasses, tastings, seminars and competitions. Imbibe Live 2017 promises to be our biggest and best show yet, bringing together the cream of the on-trade crop from around the world. There will be excitement and innovation – plus an extraordinary array of drinks to taste and explore.
Here is our first pick of some of this year’s most unmissable events:
• Imbibe Personality of the Decade, Ryan Chetiyawardana (aka Mr Lyan), gives you the low-down on taming big flavours to create balanced and diverse cocktails.
• Imbibe Live wine ambassador, Xavier Rousset MS, joins Champagne Gosset’s Bertrand Verduzier to explore the ageing potential of non-vintage champagne.
• The legendary Hidetsugo Ueno of Bar High Five in Tokyo takes you through the fascinating world of Japanese bartending.
• Beer and cider – represented by Imbibe Live ambassadors Mitch Adams and Tom Oliver – go head-to-head in the ultimate taste-off: four beers and four ciders paired with four classic British dishes.
• Derek Mossman Knapp of Garage Wine Co presents some of his singular Chilean wines from heritage vineyards and explores Chile’s artisanal movement.
• Beer Writer of the Year, Pete Brown, tells you everything you need to know to put together the ultimate beer list for your pub
• Naren Young of Dante’s in NYC shares his approach and philosophy to the global phenomenon of the aperitif.
Our action-packed programme was created in collaboration with Imbibe Live’s ambassadors: Mitch Adams (beer), Stuart McCluskey (spirits), Tom Oliver (cider) and Xavier Rousset MS (wine).